"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much."

-Dr. Grace Augustine



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Avatar"


AVATAR
I first saw this movie on December 21, 2009. My first post on this blog will be my review of it. I have no idea where to start. When I first saw the teaser trailer for this movie, I had no interest in seeing it whatsoever. I then watched the official trailer when it was released, which changed my mind a little. After seeing what the movie was about, it interested me a lot, and so I decided on watching it. Wow. There are only a few single words that come to my mind as I try to describe it to you now: "epic" being the simplist of them. Everything in this movie was so incredibly detailed, from the enviroment to the creatures that inhabited it. On top of the amount of imagination, the story and characters themselves set it a whole bar higher. It had the perfect amount of everything that makes a movie good for me. I found myself wishing it was longer than the near three hours it was. If your a fan of movies such as The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Titanic, or Terminator, or even if you're not, I want you to watch this film. James Cameron did an outstanding job. I only wish that it would be as mind-blowing on DVD as it was in the theatre. It was so effortless for me to get completely absorbed and captivated in this movie and never wanting to come back. I wish I could live on Pandora and become one of the Na'vi. Oh and Neytiri is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment