"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much."

-Dr. Grace Augustine



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still On Pandora



I saw Avatar for the fifth time yesterday, officially making it the movie that I have seen the most at the theater. I'm not sure whether or not I'll see it again on the big screen, but I highly doubt that I won't. Even though my body was in Theater 10 at 12:00pm on 1/18/2010, every other part of me was 4.4 light-years away on 8/23/2154. Yet again, Pandora has continued to refuse to let my imagination and my soul go. I have become lost in that world, in the breathtaking sensation of the day and within the bioluminescence of the night. Among the Omaticaya People and the creatures that also call Pandora home. My heart still lingers 4.4 light-years away, and the very core of me refuses to lift off Pandora.

Somewhere 4.4 light-years away from where I sit now, there is a moon called Pandora, orbiting the planet Polyphemus near the star Alpha Centauri A, that has stolen my imagination and captured my mind. I doubt if I'll ever get either back, but as far as I'm concerned, they can remain on that moon for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment